Crews respond to fire, reported gas leak at Texas hospital

Patient Safety Monitor Insider

December 10, 2014

A maintenance worker at a hospital in Lubbock, Texas was injured after firefighters responded to reported gas leak December 8, according to a report in the Avalanche-Journal.

According to the report, hazardous materials crews were called to Covenant Women’s & Children’s Hospital shortly before 2 a.m. for a report of a gas leak.

According to officials quoted from the Lubbock Fire Department, they were called to the scene because a maintenance worker had reportedly collapsed and was lying unconscious on the roof.

The report added that no gas leaks were found and no one had to evacuate the hospital, but the maintenance worker was treated at the hospital for undisclosed injuries.