Patient injured after fire breaks out in Milwaukee hospital ER

Patient Safety Monitor Insider

February 4, 2015

A man was burned after a fire started in the ED of Milwaukee’s Aurora Sinai Hospital on January 26, according to a report from WITI-TV.

 

According to the report, the fire broke out around 8 p.m. when a man who was on oxygen was moving some things around in his pocket and may have flicked a lighter in his pocket, causing the fire.

The patient was taken to another hospital for treatment and the fire was quickly extinguished, the report said. The ER did not have to be evacuated.